We trust you are safe and well.
You may have heard that the Federal Government has advised we can return to Level 1 restrictions, which means that we are now allowed to resume our services and continue to look after your health and well-being.
As advised in the past, we have taken a more cautions and moderate approach at resuming our services, and chose to wait for the restrictions to be lifted back to Level 1.
We are glad to be back.
We want you to know that the safety and well-being of our patients and our employees is always our top priority. To this end, we are actively monitoring the COVID19 situation and taking steps to help keep you, our patients, and us safe.
As you know and expect, dental surgeries are by nature, exceptionally sanitised environments with strong Infection Control protocols. In addition, at Surrey Hills Family Dental Clinic we are an independently Accredited Dental practice, with proven protocols and process to keep all of us safe.
The evidence-based protocols we have been using to keep you safe in the past have enabled dental surgeries to be one of the first services to return to near complete service. In addition, as advised by the Australian Dental Association, there are further precautions to be taken.
Please be informed of the additional steps we are taking to keep you and us safe. It is very important that all patients cooperate with the additional steps, and we thank you in advance.
- Before their appointment, all patients are asked screening questions to determine
- if they have had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID19
- if they have experienced flu-like symptoms including but not limited to fever, headaches, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
If the answers to any of these questions are positive, we ask that the patient please wait at least 14 days before they come in to see us.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the surgery, and we will ask you to rub it on your hands as you enter the surgery
- All patients who come into the practice have their temperature taken
- All patients are given a pre-procedural mouth-rinse that is effective against COVID19
- All patients are asked to remain in their car, or outside the surgery, until they receive a call from us, prior to their appointment.
- Children need to be accompanied by an adult as per usual for the purpose of consent. However, we do ask that adults, where able and possible, to please come to the surgery alone.
- As always, all benches, surfaces, and workspaces are sanitised after every appointment
- As always, all critical surfaces in our surgery are covered with disposable plastic barriers and replaced for every patient
If you have had a regular visit (check up and clean) or have had treatment planned due before stage 3 restrictions, we are going through our records to identify you. You may also find that things have changed in your mouth and you want to come in sooner. Either way, you can please call us, or please expect a call or a text from us inviting you to organise your postponed appointments very soon.
As with all beginnings, we are proceeding slowly and cautiously. Momentarily we are offering limited appointments during 2.5 days a week, but we are scaling up, back to 5 days a week.
Thank you for your patience and for cooperating with the additional steps. We are now looking forward to seeing you very soon.